On 7/3/07, Clinton Gormley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not a very important distinction, but perl code is not compiled
> into C.  It gets compiled to an intermediary format of Perl opcodes,
> which you can see with the B:: tools.

Apparently, those opcodes are C-structs, rather than an intermediate
bytecode:

Sure, they're C data structures becasue the perl interepreter is
written in C, but your original post makes it sound like they turn
into C code which presumably would get compiled to machine code like
other C code does.  Again, it's not an important distinction.  I just
didn't want it to sound like mod_perl does something magical that
differs from the normal perl interpreter behavior.

- Perrin