Hi Perrin,

Thanks for the response. The C library is a third party library which does
the following:

- Connect to a server running on port 7000 on the local machine.
- Make an initialize call <==============================This call is
consistently failing under mod_perl.
- Grab binary data returned by the server.

What is most baffling is that the same perl code works fine when run as a
standalone application or as CGI but consistently fails under mod_perl. The
parameters passed to these call are the following:

- a struct which contains a couple of  "character strings"
- pointer to a handle that would be filled up after the call.

I have tried running a standalone perl application that uses the perl
binding under valgrind. However it did not expose memory issues.

The startup.pl that we are using has only 5 lines. I have included it here.

 11     use ModPerl::Registry;
 12     use Apache2::Const;
 13     use CGI qw(-compile :all);
 14     use CGI::Carp ();