Dan King wrote:

> I guess mod_perl doesn't take the environment variables from the server so
> you have to set them in the httpd.conf file. The code I used to fix it is
> below:

That's not exactly true. From the mod_perl docs:

  However, Apache (or mod_perl) don't pass on environment variables from the
  shell by default; you'll have to specify these using either the standard
  PassEnv or mod_perl's PerlPassEnv directives.

It's not that they can't, it's that by default they don't pass anything you
don't tell it to. And it's not mod_perl, it's Apache.

> PerlSetEnv NLS_LANG AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1 PerlPassEnv NLS_LANG

If you're setting NLS_LANG correctly in your environment, you can simply make
that

  PerlPassEnv NLS_LANG

Or if you want to make it available to anything else that might need it

  PassEnv NLS_LANG

--
Michael Peters
Developer