[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I'm running mp1 with PerlAccessHandler handler.
I want to add some config directive into httpd.conf,and let my module use them for passing auth.
ie,in httpd.conf I add these lines,

PassAuthIPs    12.34.56.78  23.45.67.89

Then the requests from these IPs would get past.

Isn't that easier to do with the following standard Apache directives (independently of mod_perl) ?
<location  /xyz>
  Deny from all
  Allow from (list of IP's)
</location>

If the above is not applicable, then you could use something like
<location /xyz>
  PerlSetVar AllowedIps "ip1 ip2 ip3"
</location>

and in your module do

sub handler {
  my $r = shift; # the request object
  my $AllowedIps = $r->dir_config('AllowedIps') || ''; # get "ip1 ip2 ip3"
}
and I guess there must be a function in mod_perl to get the IP from which the request is coming, to compare.

Hope this helps.