If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I'd really like to have a small footprint
on my JS output, right now its still pretty big.

Boysenberry Payne
Habitat Life, Inc.
http://www.habitatlife.com/

On Sep 19, 2007, at 12:49 PM, Graham TerMarsch wrote:

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 10:40 am, Boysenberry Payne wrote:
I could use something like this.  Right now I use Toolkit Template to
build from.
It already caches the JS file loaded from disk.  I would want to then
put it through
the minifier process and cache then serve.  Would you module allow
for this?

That'd be the idea... it'd just be a generic "output filter" that you'd have to hook up yourself into your existing JS pipeline. In my initial example I used <FilesMatch> to do it, but you could hook it up anywhere that you can set up a PerlOutpuFilterHandler. It'd just take the JS that it was provided, minify it, then cache the minified version. On subsequent requests, it'd (somehow) figure out that the cached copy was valid and then either use the
cached copy or re-minify+re-cache as necessary.

If we're dealing with -dynamically- generated JS, though, then I'll need to think a bit more about how I deal with "is our cached copy valid/ stale?", as that'd be done differently than if just serving static JS files. I'll have a look at that, though, as that's a good use case. I'd initially thought of using the "r->finfo->inode()" as a cache key, but I don't think that's there
if I'm being handed dynamically generated JS.

--
Graham TerMarsch