Perrin Harkins wrote:
On 9/24/07, John ORourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
ProxyPreserveHost
directive which preserves the HTTP Host header when passing the request
on - am I right in thinking the docs need to be corrected, and this is
no longer an issue?

It's no longer an issue IF you're using apache 2 for your proxy.  If
you'd like to submit a doc patch to that effect, we'd be happy to have
it.

Ah, I didn't spot that, I'll see about a patch.

2. I use mod_gzip for inline compression.  Should I put mod_gzip in the
heavy or the light httpd?
Usually you don't send requests for actual static files to the heavy
httpd at all, which means they wouldn't get compressed if you don't
put it in the proxy.  By the way, I think mod_deflate has pretty much
replaced mod_gzip for apache 2 at this point.

s/gzip/deflate/ - must've been thinking about an old config. Many thanks for the pointers,

John