On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Ian G. Tyndall wrote:

Oh the problems come and go so quickly!

I've got one cgi script that always crashes apache. The error log gives
the following message:

[Thu Oct 04 11:38:29 2007] [crit] (22)Invalid argument: Parent: Failed
to create the child process.
[Thu Oct 04 11:38:29 2007] [crit] (OS 6)The handle is invalid.  :
master_main: create child process failed. Exiting.
[Thu Oct 04 11:38:29 2007] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child
process 2474288

Other scripts run fine... so what would be the best way of debugging
this.

I'm in the process of commenting out modules/code, but no luck so far...
any recommendations?

I'm using mod_perl 2.0.3, perl 5.8.8, apache 2.0.59 on a Windows 2003
server.

Thanks,
Ian

Is this a cgi script, or a mod_perl registry script?
Although the log messages are generic, similar messages
appear when one tries to restart apache with mod_perl
enabled - if it's a cgi script, does commenting out
the loading of mod_perl.so help?

As for tracking down the problem, reducing it to a minimal
version will help. If you can do this, and don't see the
problem, try posting it to the list here. Also, trying
some of the debugging tips suggested in the thread
  http://marc.info/?t=119137677000001&r=1&w=2
may help, along with installing
  http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/#source
to help in the crash analysis.