I have an x86_64 machine running RHEL5 but with the mod_perl
2.0.3 from Fedora 7.

        Without Linux::Smaps installed, Apache2::SizeLimit thinks my
processes are taking up 300MB and terminates them after every hit.
("top" thinks so too, but "free -m" quickly proves that's untrue.)

        With Linux::Smaps, Apache2::SizeLimit simply doesn't work at
all, because Linux::Smaps apparently doesn't work under x86_64.

        See this RT bug I filed against Linux::Smaps:

        http://rt.cpan.org//Ticket/Display.html?id=29803

        I do have a kernel that supports smaps, 2.6.18.

        -Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.