I run lighttpd as reverse proxy in front of mod_perl configured with
prefork. I average 100 to 200 concurrent connections on lighttpd and need 4
mod_perl processes with keepalive disabled to service all those requests.
[thanks Perrin for suggesting this config!!]

--
Mark Maunder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://markmaunder.com/