We want to periodically analyze our apache error logs, and send out email reports with summaries of new errors that have occurred since the last report. Ideally, similar errors would be combined into groups, and reported in order of frequency.

This seems like a common task (something I've wanted in some form at every job :)) and so I'm wondering, before I write it yet again, if there is a good package out there.

I did some googling, but found that most tools are geared towards processing access log statistics rather than error logs. We've already got that part handled by omniture.

We just started using smolder to aggregate test results - something like that for error logs would be fantastic.

TIA for any pointers!

Jon