I'm losing variables under apache2:: reload

below is a summation of my problem. when a2::reload recompiles off of a changed sub, i lose the entire WATCH_ME var.

i think this might happen because of the begin blocks. and the way plugins register. i thought it wise to bring this up though, see if there is a way i can keep testing without periodic restarts.

####################
package myapp::tester;
use Data::Dumper();
our     %WATCH_ME;
BEGIN {
        sub register_plugin {
                my ( $package )= @_;
                $WATCH_ME= \ ${$package.'::var'};
        }
        Module::List::Pluggable::import_modules( "myapp::tester" );
}
sub edit_me {
        print "After running 1x, delete this line and save";
        print Data::Dumper::Dumper(\%WATCH_ME);
};
1;
package myapp::page;