lists user wrote:
On 11/22/07, Ben van Staveren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You can time how long it takes for someone to download the movie,
which isn't equal to the time it takes them to view it.
Yes I just need the download time.How can I get it? use which handler
and which function? thank you again.
You can get this from the Apache logs by using a custom log format - see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

I find it useful to log that as an integer no. of seconds using %T, and also the connection close status with %X - this lets you tell if they aborted the download part way through. You may also like to check bytes sent if not already using %O.

cheers
John