This is the sort of things that Catalyst would excel at, especially
if you have several nesting levels (i.e. parts/1234/subpart/567/form).
See Catalyst doc at
http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-Manual-5.701003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Intro.pod.

But if you don't need that complexity, you can easily do it in mod_perl :
configure Apache with something like
  <LocationMatch "/parts/\d+$">
    SetHandler modperl
    PerlResponseHandler My::Parts::Handler
  </LocationMatch>

and then have your module My::Parts::Handler parse the URL and get to the part
number.

Good luck, L. Dami