On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:33:56 +0800
"Jeff Pang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We have another project to get start with, some linux hosts to server
> file downloading requests.
> Apache is just used to server static large files, without any external
> modules, except the modperl handler for access control, like ip and
> processes limit.
> We have run mp1 in large application, and run it very well.
> For this new project, should we choose mp1 or mp2 for better
> performance and stablitity?

  Definitely go with mp2.  If you can put a proxy like Perlbal,
  ngix, or even just mod_proxy out in front with a large buffer
  to help reduce the number of Apache processes you need for
  serving up these files.

   Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
     Personal : [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.wiles.org
     Work     : [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.revsys.com