Thought I had it. Used $filter->r->status() to set the status code on the request from within the output filter. That would have made sense and resulted in a big "d'oh!" Sadly it doesn't seem to change the result either.

Time to do something else for a while.  Thanks in advance for any hints.

mma

Marc M. Adkins wrote:
Hmmm...it's a bucket brigade FilterRequestHandler output filter. It seems to not care what return code I use, whatever is in the bucket brigade goes out. Can I not return Apache2::Const::NOT_FOUND from handler()? That seems odd.

Marc M. Adkins wrote:
I'm trying to cause a 404 error from an output filter and it isn't doing what I expect. Is this even possible?

mma