Fred Moyer wrote:
> Peter Valdemar Mørch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Dmitry Karasik dmitry-at-karasik.eu.org wrote:
>>> mod_perl during the initialization process closes file descriptor 0,
>>> and frees it for further reuse in other processes.  Therefore, any cgi
>>> script
>>> executing after mod_perl is initialized, and in the same process tree,
>>> will
>>> have file descriptor 0 closed. The concrete example where this
>>> behavior leads
>>> to impossibility of processing POST requests is reported earlier and
>>> is located
>>> at
>>>
>>>   http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=119062450730646&w=2
>> Dmitry's patch from  Sep 25, 2007
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/94912 has still
>> not been applied to SVN. May I humbly ask that this patch is applied?
>
> I remember that Toersten and I put together a unit test for this but I
> don't think there was any change in behavior with this patch, so I'm not
> sure if anyone was able to demonstrate that it changed the behavior.

It certainly breaks t/modperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] Filehandle STDOUT reopened as STDIN only for input
at t/response/TestModperl/io_nested_with_closed_stds.pm line 49.\n

> If you have the tuits and could track down that unit test, show that it
> exercises the problem in question, we probably wouldn't need much else
> to apply this patch.  I'd try to do this but am overextended on my tuits
> right now.

Yup, without a test case that correctly demonstrates the bug, and a patch
that doesn't break existing tests, not very likely to get applied.