Try PerlSetEnv instead :)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tad Johnston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tad Johnston" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Adam Prime" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <modperl@perl.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 9:06 PM
Subject: Re: PerlAccessHandler problems

Correction*

SetEnv PROXY_BIND localhost

Tad Johnston wrote:
The error log only says what it can't find which is the table it's trying to query from the database (because of course it's querying the wrong database). The $ENV{PROXY_BIND} variable should be setting it to the proper database which it's not.. The problem is when I do a warn using within the PerlAccessHandler module of warn("$ENV{PROXY_BIND}") it returns nothing. It's set to the following in apache2 startup script.

SetEnv PTS_PROXY_BIND_HOST localhost

Now if I don't use PerlAccessHandler, the warn returns 'localhost' like it should.

Two questions:
1. Does the $ENV variables not get passed if you're using PerlAccessHandler? 2. Should I be using something else instead of this (i.e. PerlAuthzHandler)? The reason I ask is because I'm doing all of the access and authentication and redirection in the PerlAccessHandler.

Thanks,
Tad

Adam Prime wrote:
What does the error_log say?

Adam

Tad Johnston wrote:
I'm having problems trying to use an access handler within mod_perl2. If I have it in the conf file it returns a 500 Internal Server Error and if I don't include the PerlAccessHandler line, it runs the page just fine. What's happening is when it is turned on my $ENV for my proxy gets set to a different host. If it's turned on, the $ENV for the proxy is sent to the appropriate host. I do have a couple REDIRECT in the conf file, but they all direct to the same server. Anyone have any ideas?

Tad

--
Tad Johnston
Management Information Systems