Andreas J. Koenig wrote:

>   > http://www.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.31-rc1.tar.gz
>
> Wow, what a fast release, thanks!
>
> But sorry, nope, it doesn't work on my linux box.

Sorry to hear that.

> The apache Configure on my box sets my LIBEXT to "a" which is indeed
> what I always wanted to have. So the rules for "so" were correct as
> they were written and I do not know if they ever were invoked. The
> result of the 1.31 build is that the httpsd in the end is only 0.5 MB
> instead of 1.7 MB and it doesn't start either.
>
> I'm unable to tell what exactly needs fixing. Does my description help?

Yes, but I'd like to try reproducing this myself.

Can you tell me:

$> perl -V:config_args

As well as the version of httpd you are trying against, as well as how
it was built/configured.

Same thing for mod_perl.

Getting the exact argument you used to build/configure these might allow
me to reproduce, and hopefully, to fix as well.

Thanks.