Hi,
Adding PerlModule Embperl did not solved the problem , infact it aggreviated
it. With this the page is not didsplaye at all.
My apache configuration is:

<VirtualHost <ip>:80>
SuexecUserGroup "#<id>" "#<id>"
ServerName xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ServerAlias www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot <public_html>
ErrorLog <dir>/logs/error_log
CustomLog <dir>/logs/access_log combined
LoadModule  embperl_module
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Embperl/Embperl.so
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlModule Embperl
<Directory <public_html dir>>
Options Indexes IncludesNOEXEC FollowSymLinks
allow from all
AllowOverride All

<FilesMatch "^<file_name>$">
                        SetHandler  perl-script
                        PerlHandler Embperl::Object
                        Options     ExecCGI
                </FilesMatch>
 <FilesMatch ".*\.epl$">
                        Order allow,deny
                        Deny From all
                </FilesMatch>
 <FilesMatch ".*\.pl$">
                        Order allow,deny
                        Deny From all
                </FilesMatch>

</Directory>
<Directory <cgi_dir>>
allow from all
</Directory>
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 16
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_MAILHOST <host>
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE _base.epl
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_FALLBACK notfound.html
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
                PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_APP epwebapp.pl
</VirtualHost>
Thanks,
Abhishek jain