Hello -

Am executing several CGI scripts under mod_perl using Apache::Registry (I hope
that terminology is correct).  As I understand it, the scripts get cached in
each httpd thread the first time that thread executes them.  Is this correct?

So when I change a script, do I need to restart Apache, flush the cache
somehow, or does each thread automagically replace the cached copy with the
updated one from disk?

Basic stuff, but I'm curious...

The main focus of my writing today is to get some guidance on the proper
direction to take for this project.  Currently, each of the CGI scripts I have
"sources" the same set of files (one for the header, another for the footer,
etc).  Per the above questions, I don't how the mod_perl processes work to keep
everything in sync but I can only imagine that having each of my CGI scripts
source the same files from disk has to be grossly inefficient.

Am thinking that all these external scripts should be packaged up together into
mod_perl somehow, but I don't know where I should be looking.  Can someone shed
some light?  In doing so, one possible constraint is that I'm also executing
the same external scripts from several SHTML files.  The CGI scripts call the
filesystem based subroutines after initially sourcing them with 'do
./header.pl' whereas the SHTML files pass in a "go" argument to 'header.pl' to
actually fire up the subroutine.  This allows me to execute them immediately
using SHTML 'exec' calls and 'on demand' from the CGI scripts.

Thanks in advance for your guidance / direction.
-Brett

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs