Jeff Pang wrote:
I met a strange requirement that, given Apache has two virtual hosts,
vhA and vhB, vhA's document root is: /path/a/; vhB's document root
is: /path/b/.

vhA's programs are running under /path/a/cgi-bin, but actually, the
programs of vhA can access vhB's directory (ie,they can open and
write some files in /path/b/). vice versa, the programs of vhB can
access vhA's directory.

This is because all virtual hosts are owned by Apache,if apache is
run with nobody user and apache needs to write to some dirs,those
dirs must be writable to nobody. That's to say, vhA can write to
vhB's dirs,since they are all run with nobody user.

How to resolve it with modperl? is it possible? thanks!

How about suexec? I used it quite some time ago, and it was awful to use, but it got the job done.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_suexec.html

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/suexec.html

Colin