On Jan 17, 2008 4:14 PM, Bart Schaefer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> There's a thread from December that would seem to be related.  From that
> thread:

Hmm... this is a bit beyond what I wanted to do, not sure of all the
implications of the above. Does this mean I need to do a
        Env::C::setenv('PATH', $ENV{PATH}, 1);
in my script?

In any case, given the results, looks like I should report a [bug],
not necessarily in mod_perl code, but in the docs, which seem to
suggest that the docs could be clarified that changes to %ENV won't
really do what may be expected?
>From: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html
>mod_perl passes (exports) the following shell environment variables
(if they are set) :
>   *      PATH - Executables search path.
>   *      TZ - Time Zone.
>Any of these environment variables can be accessed via %ENV.

If anyone has other options to recommend, let me know, will try to
look into other (non-mod-perl) to get a speedier CGI execution of perl
scripts (for a small web site).