my
experiences
with
CGI::Session
have
been
good.

--
That's excellent news - its probably operator error.

1.  First problem is that refreshing the screen often (not always) results in a
new session being generated:
With these failures, I can see the browser session in the filesystem, its not
expired, but it is not picked up with load().

2.  Other one is that I see new session ID's in the browser but not always on
the server (filesystem):

Am using CGI.pm's  function-oriented style so I don't have a CGI object.  The
4.10 doc for CGI::Session 4.10 shows saving params without an object, but when
I try I get an error indicating the first arg has to be an object.  So, am
using the following:

my $session = CGI::Session->load(undef, undef, {Directory=>'/tmp/sessions'});

if ( $session->is_expired ) {
  print "is_expired.<br>";
  $errmsg = "Your session expired. Please refresh your browser to re-start your
session";
}
if ( $session->is_empty ) {
  print "is_empty.<br>";
  $session = $session->new(undef, undef, {Directory=>'/tmp/sessions'});
  $session->expire('+15m');
  $session->param('Auth', 'N');
  $session->save_param(undef,['Auth']);
}