Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 09:52:30AM +0000, John ORourke wrote:
Mine start at around 60MB, jump to 80MB when my app is initialised, and can peak at 120MB during their lifetime. For reference I tried making the tiniest possible one with everything stripped out, and that was still 40MB - is this normal?
Your question does not contain enough information.  What is your basis
the 60MB, 80MB, 120MB, etc, numbers?
Might be showing off my lack of unix admin knowledge here but using 'top', it's the value of the 'virt' column - ie. the biggest possible process size if the whole thing was resident. I've been using it to work out how many clients I should limit apache to, but looking at it the 'res' figure never seems to get anywhere near the 'virt' figure. Time to rewrite my assumptions I think!

John