Good afternoon,

On 1/3/08 at 2:37 PM +0900, Raymond Wan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Not a very technical answer, but maybe an easy way of thinking of things. The second scenario also makes it possible for Google, etc. to index your web pages since it is a "real" URL. In the first case, it is possible, but not as straight-forward.

And for proxies/caches to cache the page. I don't know if it still applies, but proxies won't cache a page that has query parameters. But path_info just looks like part of URL and will cache just fine. That's the main reason I choose to use path_info rather than query params.

On the other hand, I sometimes use query params as a poor man's cache-control to prevent caching.

Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt