Hi all,

I have a mod_perl script which works at PerlTransHandler level, and
translates the virtual host requested to the real system path where
site's pages are stored.
To do this translation, I tried two solutions:
- ask to a db
- ask to a php script on another apache which makes the traslation.

But the second solution doesn't work in every situation:
if the second apache is on the same system but different port, it
doesn't work and I find on the error_log

500 Can't connect to 192.168.2.110:8080 (connect: Permission denied)

(also if I use a different Ip, using an alias for the network interface)

Otherwise, if it is on another system, it works.

Does anyone know why it happens?
Is it a limitation of apache/mod_perl?

Thanks and regards

Valerio