On Thursday 17 April 2008 01:04:14 Tracy12 wrote:

> for session handling we use CGI:Session cpan distribution,
>
> we do use local file for cookie storage, eventhough the session time out is
> 30, sometimes the set information in the
> session get lost before that, has anybody experience this before.

That sounds like you are using a cache file and your cache is filling up.

> We do have a cron job to clear the session data, Is there any solution for
> this behavior? What exactly the possible reason for such a thing.

The nature of a cache is that it will drop older data to make room for newer.
So your solutions are to make a larger cache file (you may have to experiment
to work out what size you need), or to switch to some other session storage
mechanism that has different properties.