On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 12:18 AM, Perl Junkie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         PerlOptions ParseHeaders

I think that should be +ParseHeaders.  See
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C_PerlSendHeader_

>  (2) It took me a while to figure out that Apache::Registry has become
> ModPerl::Registry.  I saw nothing and still see nothing in the MP 2.0 docs
> about this, what I would consider MAJOR change, and as I said, it took me a
> while to realize what happened here...  What gives?  What was wrong with
> Apache::Registry???

This is answered in the migration guide for converting from 1.x to 2.x:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html#C_Apache__Registry___C_Apache__PerlRun__and_Friends

>  I had Stas' book, which I know was written during MP 1.0, so between these
> two things,  it leaves me wondering how much more of the book is now
> practically worthless??

The information about system architecture, performance tuning,
debugging techniques, and general perl issues is all applicable, but
of course the API for mod_perl 2 is different and there's no way
around that.  There is a new book by Stas and Jim Brandt about
mod_perl 2:
http://modperl2book.org/

> I think the MP 2.0 documentation at
> perl.apache.org leaves a lot to be desired...

Sorry to hear you don't like the documentation.  If you have some
ideas for how to improve it, send them over.

- Perrin