Good afternoon guys and girls,

I'm looking for a tip regarding my use of mod_perl and Apache DBI.

I'm making use of the two to maintain a pool of connections to Oracle. Great
set of modules, works a treat, so big thanks to Edmund, Doug, Tim and others
for their hard work :)

But slight issue. I have two Oracle "accounts", one dev and one prod. prod
and dev have different profiles set by the database team. The major issue is
a dev profile has an SESSIONS_PER_USER value of 10, but the prod profile
value is much higher.

Now when I'm working with dev, a pool of connections is created, in the
mod_perl namespace but this pool hits the 10 SESSIONS_PER_USER limit and
stops. Anything under mod_perl names spaces reuses the available connections
and doesn't suffer any problems, but a cron job for example which does not
run under the mod_perl namespace croaks because of the max out on the
SESSIONS_PER_USER. Same if I just wanted to run a sqlplus session.
Connection disallowed because of the limit.

Is that clear?

Want I'd like to know is, is there a way to limit the size of the pool? I've
skimmed the Apache::DBI source, and I mean "skimmed" but nothing obvious hit
me... It's not really a problem with prod because SESSIONS_PER_USER is a
decent figure, but it would be mightily useful for dev.

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Slinky