On May 11, 2008, at 2:52 AM, Marc Lambrichs wrote:

Here's my view: they create a parent App::Handler and in every virtual host they create a Site::Handler which has App::Handler as base. My first guess is that under mod_perl you don't know which Site::Handler will be called. Ofcourse, at first, the handler you're actually pointing to will be called, but if you change the request to another virtualhost, the wrong handler will be called.

Unless I'm confused, I've been doing that for years without issue.

I routinely have

        P2XLP::$package  -> base namespace
        MyApp::$package -> @ISA( P2XLP::App::$package )

then use agressive class inheritance and package variables / methods to make everything work beautifully.