william wrote:
> Hello, I just know that I can't have a startup script, but how can I
> create an object in the startup script and then used that variable
> object in child modperl script ? Thanks.

It depends on your needs. If you need a read-only object that won't change
during the whole time the server is running (like a configuration object) then
it's pretty straight forward. You just need to use a namespaced object that you
access in your application.

# in startup.pl
My::Object->create();

# in your application
My::Object->get();

# in My/Object.pl

my $obj;
sub create {
  $obj = ...; # do something to initialize
}
sub get {
  return $obj;
}

If your needs are more complicated then it does become more complicated :)

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP