On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Issac Goldstand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Right - I know that in theory, but was worried about the disk/ram/cpu
> overhead of replicating the writes to all of the slave servers offsetting
> that benefit...

Good point.  I'd suggest you look at how much RAM you can spare and
see if you can fit the data you want to query (including indexes) into
that much space.  If you can't, you're probably better off adding a
separate read-only server instead of running it on your web server
machines.  The only real advantage to running MySQL on your web
servers is the use of local sockets for connecting, which does reduce
the overhead.

- Perrin