william wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:30 AM, John ORourke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
william wrote:
It will write a few characters only, not complete. Is there a thread
problem or something ?
You need to explicitly close the file - under CGI, your program exits at the
end of the request and will close any open files.  Under mod_perl it will
leave the files open.
Omg, I love you John, lol. Haha, I had spent at lease 3 hours for
this, why is it so in mod_perl ?

Well thanks! Under regular CGI, every time your browser requests a page, Apache has to find your script, load Perl, compile your script and any modules you use, run it, and exit Perl. Under mod_perl, all the loading and compiling is done when Apache starts, not on every request - it's doing far less work. There's a lot of good info on http://perl.apache.org/ but I know what it's like when you're too busy debugging to RTFM :)

John