Malka Cymbalista wrote:
We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6 with
mod_perl 2.0.3.  Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)

We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting
capabilities.  We do most of our web programming in perl so I am looking for a
perl module that has the following features:
1. ability to create histograms 2. ability to create x,y plots
3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text
Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look into?

Thanks for any information.

There are a lot of perl APIs built over various graphics packages.
You can start with this list:
http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Graphics

You might also try searching cpan for some specific keywords, because I don't believe all the graphics modules are in that list. For example, I've used Image::Magick for doing some basic image resizing and conversion, but I don't see Image::Magick in that list.

--
Jim Albert