From: Fred Moyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wed 10/8/2008 6:02 PM
To: Ircha, Andrew
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot start Apache with mod_perl

ispyhumanfly wrote:
> Ircha, Andrew wrote:
>> I'm attempting to run httpd with mod_perl, but the httpd refuses to
>> start:
>>
>> Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 209 of
>> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 10 of
>> /etc/httpd/conf.d/perl.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so
>> into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol:
>> modperl_io_perlio_restore_stdout

My gut says that you have some of the original FC8 libraries hanging
around - if you are running 5.10.0 then your fedora install must have
upgraded at some point.  Those undefined symbol errors usually indicate
version mismatches of the underlying libraries.

For what it is worth, I would 'rpm -e mod_perl', then try building it
from source.  Just download 2.0.4, untar it, cd into the directory, and
run 'perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && sudo make install', apxs
should be in your PATH with the standard fedora setup.