On Oct 9, 2008, at 7:08 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
Which is what leads me to believe that I need to build x86_64 perl and mod_perl to make it work. Are my assumptions correct?

I have found Leopard's default builds to not be that developer friendly (perhaps a good indicator is that you have to install XCode tools to get gcc and do anything). I build perl, mod_perl, and httpd from source on my Leopard platforms. Maybe I don't need to do this, but I've suffered at the hands of Apple's system upgrades enough times that I have found it is worth my while.

I ask because I'm having trouble building perl..

When you go through the perl configure process and it asks if you want to specify any additional CFLAGS, type '-fPIC' - this is needed for 64 bit mod_perl. I always build perl with the prefix option, and then add the bin location to my PATH variable, and use that to build mod_perl.

Thanks, I figured as much. Perl compilation broke with the following:

/perl installperl --destdir=
Can't load 'lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle' for module File::Glob: dlopen(lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle, 1): no suitable image found. Did find: lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at lib/ XSLoader.pm line 70.
 at lib/File/Glob.pm line 96
Compilation failed in require at installperl line 132.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at installperl line 132.
make[1]: *** [install.perl] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

Going to configure it and try again. Not sure if I screwed up one of the thousand options or not...

chetan