Carl Johnstone wrote:

Something else I will do for my low-usage but "massive" scripts (those that have large memory structures and take several seconds to execute) is to place these in a non-mod_perl directory so I can be assured their memory usage goes away at the end of the response.
<<<<<

There's no reason not to run these under mod_perl too - any memory allocated by perl will be re-used.

This is only true if those structures were created during run time and go out of scope at run time. If they are generated at compile time or attached to global variables or package level variables, they will not be re-used by Perl.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP