Adam Prime wrote:
Michael Peters wrote:

But when I make the request to just /foo (instead of /foo/index.pl) I only get this in my error log:
URI: /foo/ STATUS: 200

you've said to /foo, but your error_log is saying /foo/. What's going on there? mod_dir redirecting a bare directory request?

Sorry about that. Seems we have a redirect for /foo to /foo/, but the problem still remains if I do a request for /foo/ direct (no involving the rewrite).

Is this happening with just a mod_perl enabled server, and no proxies or anything?

Yes, I'm making requests directly against the mod_perl server not the proxy. I even tried to see if maybe $r->is_main changed for those 2 requests, but they are exactly the same.

 Does the client see the 200, or the 500?

The client always sees the 500 which is what the access log reports as well. It's just that in the CleanupHandler it comes back as 200 for /foo/, but 500 for /foo/index.pl.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP