Puneet Lakhina wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to write a handler that modifies the content of the page
based on a regex match. essentially im trying to modify <a href="">
tags in the outgoing HTML pages.
Now I am trying to do this using PerlOutputFilterHandler. I have the
following questions:
a) Is this the right filter to use for an application like this?
b) As per my understanding my hander can be invoked multiple times
based on the no. of buckets. Is this correct? If yes, then how should
I handle the situation where a part of the tag like say '<a href'
comes in one bucket and '="">' comes in another.

This is exactly the situation that Apache2::Filter::TagAware was built for.

http://search.cpan.org/~aprime/Apache2-Filter-TagAware-0.02/lib/Apache2/Filter/TagAware.pm

Adam