Chen, Peter wrote:
Apache isn't starting up correctly? I already have the apache server
running. Will this affect the configuration? When I type the command "ps
-eaf | grep apache", it seems to indicate that apache is running.
Please CC the list on your replies, it has much more wisdom than I do.

I'm trying to understand what you're asking for help with. Your subject is about a build test failing, but then you included a wall of error_log output, which doesn't really seem to be related, but does seem to indicate that you've got mod_perl 2.0.4 installed and running.

mod_perl 2 has frequently had it's tests start failing when new versions of httpd have come out and changed things around a bit, those tests have frequently resided in the auth subsystem, but generally have been problems with the test, not with mod_perl or apache. I have no idea if that is the case in this particular situation though, i personally haven't built 2.0.4 against 2.2.10 on any platform, never mind solaris. Personally, i think that when this occurs, a new version of mod_perl should be pushed out that corrects the problem (even if it doesn't correct anything else), but I'm not on the dev team ;)

So I guess my question is, what's your question?

Adam