We just moved some cgi scripts over from an ancient system to our new server running modperl.

We have require files (that themselves have require files) that check cookies and login status for these scripts.

If someone is not logged in, this triggers an exit our of one of the require files to the login page, the original calling script is sent to the login as a parameter, along with any parameters IT had.

Since we migrated to the new system we've been seeing error messages like this:

"[Mon Oct 13 00:39:56 2008] [error] ModPerl::Util::exit: (120000) exit was called at header-apply-locked line 41. Compilation failed in require at header-apply-combined line 17. Compilation failed in require at /home/oraweb/perl/apply/applymyapplication.pl line 9."

This happens when the exit is triggered in the nested require file. which is code like this:

# Check to see if the person was logged in, and if not go to login page and
# pass the url and parameters
if (!defined($UUAff) || !defined($UUPID)) {
   $url = "$path/login.pl?prev_url=$prev_url$llist";
   print "Location: $url\n\n";
   exit;
}
1;

What is this error, is it a problem, and what do I do to avoid it.

Thanks

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona