On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Adam Prime <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This could be useful, but I think it's also pretty much impossible.  From
> what I understand, the entire request is read before any processing is done
> at all, and definitely before the HeaderParserPhase is executed, which is
> why you're seeing the behavior you describe.

Actually, I see log entries (not shown in the example) long before the big
example upload finishes, so the handlers appear to run before the request
completes. Furthermore, one description of RUN_ALL sort of hints that errors
should abort the cycle ("Mod_perl 2 users guide", p. 65), but, except if the
handler dies, it looks as if such errors are held back until the request has
been fully received. Too bad.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll see whether an input filter helps. Or perhaps
that socket hack.

Best,
Thomas