Adam Prime wrote:
Victor Danilchenko wrote:
I need to do it forcibly, no matter what happens during the request. I have to slightly relax security constraints to call an unusual subrequest, and since I cannot guarantee that the cleanup code will be reached (what if the subrequest is terminated by the client, or dies on a bug?), I figure my best bet it to make sure that at the end of the request execution, the current apache process dies so that a new one can be spawned. 'kill $$' is obviously inadequate.

Does anyone have any idea how this can be achieved? perhaps utilizing MaxRequestsPerChild somehow, I could trick the parent process into terminating this one after the request completes? or is there some mod_perl feature which tells mod_perl to not re-use the perl runtime in a given process?

    Any help and/or ideas are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

$r->child_terminate()

mp2:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache2/RequestUtil.html#C_child_terminate_

        Perfect. Much thanks.