I'm about to try a threaded MPM for my largely mod_perl2-based web site.

Maybe my search skills are going downhill, but I haven't found much
material about how to modify my scripts for the threaded environment.

The first step is done, namely to minimize use of global variables.  I'm
pretty sure that the few that remain need to be marked as "shared" and
in some cases need to have mutual exclusion zones around their use.

It's confusing that Apache2 and perl5.8 have separate mutual-exclusion
mechanisms.  For no good reason my instinct is to use the Apache2
mutexes.

Comments on the mutual exclusion alternatives will be welcome, as will
suggestions for printed or online books, tutorials, and other words about
threading and mod_perl2.

Thanks and HNY,
cmac
www.animalhead.com