On Thu, 8 Jan 2009, Adam Prime wrote:
> Personally, i think libapreq should be part of core httpd
> (or at least a 'normal' module, and libapreq2's perl
> bindings should be part of stock mod_perl.

Yeah I've run into systems multiple times where the boss was
too afraid of change to allow building libapreq2... like on
CentOS, where the perl bindings to APR don't appear to be
available and have to be built, which requires the dev
packages... and the dev packages require a server upgrade
which isn't allowed because (fear of the unknown) it might
cause problems with existing applications.  :-/  It would be
awesome if the libapreq2 modules installed with mod_perl2,
since they are so useful to applications, and it's tiring to
explain these things and useless to say that the chosen OS
flavor is lame.

> So where does that leave the perl binding between 2.4 and
> 3.0?  Or will we all be running mod_parrot/mod_perl6 by
> then (which looks like it's made great progress since
> YAPC)

Great, all code where '.' was the concatenator operator
breaks, hurray. (?)

Mark