macke...@animalhead.com schrieb:
Apache is forgiving/robust about specifying nonexistent phase
handlers in httpd.conf and inserts thereto.

Thanks. I noticed. :-)

I was using event, and had to let each thread open its own DBs
based on an undefined global.  Then I found that the identical
traffic-test exerciser could get 66 files/second back in event
and 1500/second in prefork.  This is under FreeBSD 6.3.

No doubt I had something wrong or "tunable" in event, but at
that point I gave up and will wait for the simple MPM.

Thanks. I'll try prefork if I can't get worker to work.

Michael