Hello all,

Under mod_perl 2, stderr for all virtual hosts seems to be opened to the global Apache 2 error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log or similar). How do I get stderr output to go to the ErrorLog that is defined for each virtual host?

====EXTENDED CONTEXT====
Our organization maintains several mod_perl sites, each of which runs as its own virtual host. They are currently implemented as CGI scripts running under Apache 1.3, mod_perl 1, with Apache::Registry.

I am porting them from mod_perl 1/Apache 1.3/Apache::Registry to mod_perl 2/Apache2/ModPerl::Registry. Under the old setup, stderr from scripts in each vhost used to go into that vhost's error log, but now that I have them running under the new setup, their stderr is going to the global apache log. I want the stderr for each vhost to go to its own error log.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network