Hi,

I noticed something interesting with mod_deflate when serving binary
content from a mason component:

        <%init>
        $m->clear_buffer();
        $r->content_type("video/mp4");
        $r->headers_out->add('Content-length' => -s $file);
        $r->sendfile($file);
        $m->abort(200);
        </%init>

mod_deflate is enabled with the default:

        AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml

and .md mason components have:

        AddType text/html .md

But when I change the content-type from within the component mod_deflate
doesn't seem to notice and keeps gzip'ing the video/mp4 output, which
FlowPlayer doesn't appreciate.

I certainly could disable mod_deflate and be on my merry way.

But I thought I'd ask the modperl list (already posted to mason-users)
whether this mod_deflate behaviour is expected and/or normal?

Thanks,