On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:39 PM, David Ihnen <dav...@norchemlab.com> wrote:
> Do people think that the cookbook is good perl practice?

Yes, it's an excellent resource and you'll have to pry it from my cold
dead hands.  It wouldn't be where I would turn to find out the current
best ORM module, but it is where I would turn to find a whole bunch of
clearly written examples and advice on file locking, network
programming, system interaction, etc.

> Like maybe we could combine Damian Conway's Perl Best Practices and Object
> Oriented Perl

Object Oriented Perl has more "age" issues than the Cookbook, IMO.
It's still an entertaining read, but my advice for newbies would be to
read the OO docs that come with Perl for understanding and then
consider using Moose/Mouse for new projects.

- Perrin