On Apr 2, 2009, at 7:29 PM, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:

Now that I've had a chance to look into this, I swear I've debugged this
problem before, and I just can't find trace of it, or no patches.

Yeah, I first reported it a year ago, with RC4.

In any case, can you try this 1-liner patch? I believe it would do the
trick just fine, it's because on OS X there are .so/.dylib/.bundles and we made the wrong assumption that perl's dlext would always be .so, but
it's not on recent OS X, it's .bundle.

The simplest trick I can think of is to just blindly normalize perl's
dlext to .so, and it works just fine. It's not that important, as that
value is only used to pick the right libperl.* make rule to build libperl,
so should be safe.

That seems to work great. My server didn't start for the tests, but it looks like Apache::Test is using the system apache instead of my build; I can look into that in the morning, but at least it builds now. Yay!

Best,

David